Pageviews

Tin Wanders Jomabo Island


#WANDERLUST


How do you get to the island? 

Jomabo Island is located at Escalante City, it is 2-3 hours away from Bacolod City. It's not really that hard at all because all you need to do is call the Jomabo Office and book your visit. 



Thank you to the coast guard of Escalante for touring us around the island with the speedboat 

For the transportation, you don't have to worry if you don't have a car because they have a bus that will take you there. And for the food, well in our case since we were accommodated by the owner since we were their guests they served us food good for lunch and snacks since we arrived a little late already and we're not gonna stay overnight. You're allowed to bring your own food but there's a corkage. If you want some chips, they also sell it and some other necessities like shampoo, toothpaste and soap.





When we arrived at the island I was amazed by how it changed for the past years. I remembered when I first came to the island I was around 8 years old that time and after 12 years I'm back again. The sand bar extended when I remembered so clearly that there wasn't any. And the waters are so clear! And so far from all the beaches that I've been around Negros, this island has the clearest water.





From the Escalante port you need to ride a motorboat for about 15 minutes to reach the island and I remembered when I was 8, I collected so many seashells because the island was really abundant in seashells and there were so many starfish! I was amazed because they come in different sizes and colors but when I came there last April I hadn't seen a single one. I don't know why but it really made me sad. Some of the cottages though were destroyed because of the typhoon Yolanda and is still under renovations. 





But what I really like the most when I was there was the fact that there were only limited people who visited the island. I was able to have the best time taking pictures and soaking under the sun with my brother whilst my mom was of course enjoying eating and talking with her friends. 





So if you're planning your next summer vacation, you should definitely go and check Jomabo. 

I really love to travel and go on roadtrips! Who wouldn't right? I love beaches as well but I don't really wanna get dark haha! On my next beach adventure hopefully it will be in Boracay (I'm really crossing my fingers on this one!) 

Comments

  1. This place is very amazing and its nice to meet and greet cebuanos, very kind and approachable

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts